I just wanted to share what an amazing week it has been for saving money. The planets must have aligned somehow.
Saving cash means I can stash away more into our mortgage deposit savings fund getting us just a little closer to the dream of owning our own home.
The key for us is to reduce the spend on family outgoings. One of the areas we overspend at the moment is on our grocery budget.
So, if we can get free or discounted food and other household items, we save money that goes into the mortgage savings pot.
Ways we’ve saved money this week include:
- getting free supermarket food using a clever little app on my phone (I got the 5 meals above just this week!)
- going out for FREE vegan pizza worth over £36 – I’ll tell you about this one first on my new Facebook page…
- being given codes to get free Body Shop face masks and body lotions – also on the Facebook page soon
- using a gorgeous vegan moisturising cream which was sent to me to review
- using the extra points I’ve earned through wombling on my store reward cards to buy groceries
- reviewing an awesome vegan chocolate cake treat with my fabulous daughter
- saving heaps on herbs and salad as I’m growing my own (below)
If you love getting free stuff too – don’t miss my giveaways over on Instagram!!!